Saturday, June 19, 2010

QROPS Advice and HMRC

QROPS stands for qualifying recognised overseas pension schemes which is basically a scheme for UK citizens allowing them to transfer pension funds from UK to another country. Her majesty’s Revenue and Customs or HMRC is the regulatory authority for QROPS transfers and they ask for certain information to be revealed by QROPS providers. HMRC regulates QROPS transfers through a no. of legislation and it own set of rules like HMRC 6. The QROPS provider undertakes to provide some information to HMRC to get the transfer of funds approved.


The member who is to receive benefit payments from this plan should have been tax resident in UK when the payment was made or treated as being made, or if not tax resident, they should be resident in UK for the year in which tax payment is made or in any of the preceding five tax years in which the payment is made. This is an annual reporting obligation of QROPS providers and it ends after five years. Some countries may have a double taxation agreement with the UK. QROPS does not need to provide information on this but HMRC can request the details.


HMRC regulates the non-UK pension schemes which have an indirect relation to QROPS.

4 comments:

  1. This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi the information on this blog is just amazing it keeps me coming back time and time again ,personally i met my wife using this site so i couldnt like it any more i have done my best to promote this blog as i know that others need to read this thing ,Thanks for all your effort spent in making this fabulous resource ! ok,nice one Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi the information on this blog is just amazing it keeps me coming back time and time again ,personally i met my wife using this site so i couldnt like it any more i have done my best to promote this blog as i know that others need to read this thing ,Thanks for all your effort spent in making this fabulous resource ! ok,nice one Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im impressed, I should say. Pretty rarely do I come across a blog thats each informative and entertaining, and let me let you know, youve hit the nail on the head. Your blog is significant; the problem is some thing that not sufficient men and women are talking intelligently about. Im seriously happy that I stumbled across this in my search for one thing relating to this issue.

    ReplyDelete